| More

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The other night

Grilled Squid . Garlic Oyster Sauce . Fennel Ceviche

I came home at about 3am on friday night. I had this stuck in my head all day. So i pan-grilled some squid when i got home and did a quick ceviche of shaved fennel, celery and onion. Added fennel fronds and chives. Made a sauce for the squid with lots of garlic, oyster sauce, rocoto paste, sweet soy sauce, rice wine, cumin & coriander. This was actually a great combination between to warm squid and cold ceviche. The spice of the sauce with the acidic bite of lime juice. It needs some adjustments however. I think the sauce can benefit from tamarind paste, and I originally wanted to add artichokes, grapefruit, cilantro, basil, mint and possible apple or carrots or daikon or jicama to the ceviche/salad.
Maybe we'll see an update on this dish in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment