| More

Monday, July 13, 2009

Cerealously

How many people here eat more than one bowl of cereal?
Wait....Let me rephrase that.
How many people here do NOT eat more than one bowl of cereal?


We are obsessed with cereal. This weird scientific idea that becomes a snack, appetizer, dessert, midnight tapeworm feeding, and most importantly, the start to our day. Somehow it contains most of the nutrients we need, although disclaimer says to enjoy as "part of a complete breakfast". But who does that, really?

Which brings me back to my first point; we probably would be eating only one bowl of cereal if it was with a complete breakfast.

This is all besides the point. What I really want to talk about is a fun way to expand your palette and sow your domestic oats.

Instead of eating two separate bowls (as you can imagine I enjoy variety) of different flavor I've decided to start mixing my cereals.

I've found some great combinations this way. So far the best being Banana Nut Cherrios & Golden Grahams
As unsophisticated as this may come across, there are actual flavor profiles in these combos that create new flavors in themselves. Seems to be the fundamentals of food or at least, dishes anyway.

Try your own combinations: Froot Loops & Lucky Charms, Frosted Flakes & Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, Cocoa Puffs & Peanut Butter Capn Crunch.

You get the idea, try and combine classic flavors that mesh well (ie. Chocolate & Peanut Butter)

see you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment