| More

Thursday, April 2, 2009

White Chocolate & Potatoes

I've always been excited about savory applications to items that usually are not. Perfect first example: CHOCOLATE
Now, everyone's dipped their fork into a Mole here and again, or maybe you haven't. The first time I did I almost fell over in excitement. Then I got back up and had it again for breakfast the next morning. Pondering ensues...
I was adding heavy cream and yogurt to my mashed potatoes one day trying to conceive of methods for the perfect mashed potato, and i realized that potatoes themselves carry a distinct sweetness from the starch. Why not exemplify it's sweetness with a sweeter cream! Now, clearly i couldn't use milk chocolate cause then you will have mashed doo-doo (steaming at that). SO naturally white chocolate was the perfect candidate.
maybe even a potato salad with white chocolate mayonnaise! (sometimes color comparison is all you need)
In the next few days (or hours) im going to see how this turns out and i'll get back to you.

adeus.

No comments:

Post a Comment